-->

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 2 in Savannah, GA


The night before we left for our trip we watched the movie, The Garden of Good and Evil. This movie was filmed in Savannah and includes many places in Savannah which you can still visit today. One of those places is the Bonaventure Cemetery. The boys and I decided this was one of the places which we would visit on our trip, and I'm glad we did. I don't normally visit cemeteries, but I found this one to be very peaceful and serene, not at all creepy. We walked around and took pictures of many of the beautiful statues within the cemetery, but don't come here if you're looking for the Bird Girl statue in the movie, and on the book cover. The "Bird Girl" had to be moved to a museum. Many of the statues we took pictures of have peoples names and such on them so I wont post them on here, but if you're ever in Savannah you should check it out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: