-->

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

I was busy traveling most of the day back home from a quick visit to NC to celebrate Christian's 16th birthday. So, Jacob and I were tired well mostly me. We managed to play a very long game of UNO, Dinesh beat us as usual, and watch Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. I did, however, participate in our families long held traditions. I made two pillow cases one for each of the girls, and I put the change out on a can of corn this year. It's suppose to be a can of sourkraut but I didn't have any. I recently watched a documentary which said that at least 80% of our processed foods in US come from corn so I thought corn was a good idea, hahaha. I read in an article that an old tradition of the Pennsylvania German culture is to eat some form of pork and sourkraut on New Years day is believed to bring good fortune in the coming year. I don't believe in any silly superstitions but think it's fun to carry on those left by my grandparents and great-grandparents.
The reversible pillow cases I made for the girls room. The colors match the pretty new tinkerbell bedspreads that Grandma made them.

My New Year's resolutions are to read the entire Bible this year and to loose weight of course. Last month I bought the above One Year Bible. I like it because it breaks down for you what you should read on each day of the year and includes scripture from the Old Testament, the New Testament and verses from Psalms and Proverbs every day.

No comments: